If your child is struggling to succeed in school your child’s teacher, psychologist, or another educational professional may have recommended educational testing.
What are the benefits of educational testing?
All children are different, and your child may express his or her difficult in a way that is very different from another child that you know who was tested. Some of the benefits of educational testing and therapy include:
- Reversing a child’s belief that they are not smart or that “there is no point in trying”
- Preventing expulsion or suspension
- Preventing academic probation
- Stopping a downward spiral, academically and socially.
- Finding the right school for your child
- Qualifying for extra time on the SAT and standardized tests
What will educational testing do for my child?
Educational testing will provide you with:
- Diagnosis: Identify learning disabilities or ADD.
- Planning: Use the diagnosis to make a plan for improved study skills, organization, time-management, and tutoring.
- Accommodations: Use the assessment to qualify for extended time on tests, a distraction free environment, or work-place accommodations (for adults).
- Awareness and understanding of strengths and weaknesses: Get help making the preparations you need to help your child get organized for middle school, prepare for SATs, or succeed in college.
Reach out today to hear more about educational testing for children, teens, and adults. Call now for a free 15 minute consultation, or just fill out the contact form and click Send.
Click here to read about neuropsychological testing in Manhattan with Dr. Winarick.Please like and share this post!