If you are struggling to recover from an addiction to internet gaming, an addiction to internet gambling, or an addiction to other forms of compulsive-internet related behaviors, I am here for you.
From politics to daily sports games, and even video games for real money or mobile app games, where rewards are in the form of make-believe currency, internet gaming and internet gambling disorders pose a real challenge to your quality of life.
It is easier than ever to participate in compulsive, gambling-like behavior from the privacy of your own home computer or mobile devices.
In therapy for internet addictions, I will work with you to form a collaborative, mutually agreeable plan to change your behavior so that you can change your life for the better.
I use a customized combination of behavioral, supportive, expressive, and psycho-educational techniques as well as motivational interviewing to help you battle your addiction.
What you gain in therapy for internet addictions
In therapy I will help you:
- Change unhealthy habits
- Set goals and commit to sticking with your recovery process
- Change your behavior and employ more self-control
- Foster insight, self-awareness, and emotional maturity
- Understand how your emotions affect the way you act
- Understand the link between your past experiences and your current behaviors and notice problematic patterns in your life that are stopping your recovery
- Overcome the search for instant gratification
- Express yourself fully in a judgement-free space
- Confront or challenge maladaptive, dysfunctional attitudes that are holding you back
- Create a concrete action plan to use to:
- recover from your addiction to internet gambling, internet gaming, or other addictive internet behaviors
- deal with triggers after you stop engaging in internet gambling, internet gaming, or other addictive internet behaviors
Get help for internet gaming, internet gambling, and other internet addictions
I can help you with:
- Adult video-game addiction
- Adolescent video-game addiction
- Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) Addiction
- Addiction to Online Poker and Use of Bookies
- Other Gambling Addiction Problems
- Mobile or Tablet App Games that Use Virtual Currency as Positive Reinforcement
- Unhealthy, Maladaptive, and/or Health-Threatening Substance Use or Dependency (ranging from Cannabis, Alcohol, or Prescription Medications to Cocaine and Heroine)
Recent empirical evidence shows that internet addictions are becoming more frequent and co-occur with severity of gambling addiction. If you are a millennial, you may be particularly at-risk for these addictive behaviors.
I am here for you
If your internet addiction is exacerbated by underlying issues such as anxiety, depression, or other psychological conditions, I can help you with that as well.
I will do my best to help you with whatever your situation may be. I am also available to work with your psychiatrist, physician, and/or social worker as needed in order to provide more effective treatment for a severe addiction.
Get help today
If you or a family member is struggling with any of the above mentioned issues, please don’t delay in reaching out as soon as possible.
Please feel free to call me at any time to set up an appointment or get a free phone consultation, or just fill out the contact form and click Send. If I do not pick up, I will get back to you as soon as possible if I do not pick up.Please like and share this post!